MATH401: Green's functions and variational methods
Outline of the course and schedule of lectures outline.pdf
FINAL EXAM: April 14th 2018, 12:00pm in BUCH B313, duration: 2h30min.
- Thursday 11:00am-12:00pm, with me in my Math office MATH236.
By appointment only, so please email me (wachs_at_math.ubc.ca) before if you intend to come.
- Monday 1:00pm-2:00pm, with Sarafa Adewale Iyaniwura (TA) in LSK300.
Same for Sarafa, please email him (iyaniwura_at_math.ubc.ca) before if you intend to come.
- Lecture 0: warm up for ODEs
- Green's functions for ODEs and steady-state PDEs
- Green's functions for time-dependent PDEs
- Variational methods
- Assignment 1: MATH401_HW1.pdf, due Monday Jan 15th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 2: MATH401_HW2.pdf, due Friday Jan 26th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 3: MATH401_HW3.pdf, due Friday February 9th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 4: MATH401_HW4.pdf, due Wednesday February 13th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 5: MATH401_HW5.pdf, due Wednesday March 14th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 6: MATH401_HW6.pdf, due Wednesday March 21st 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 7: MATH401_HW7.pdf, due Wednesday April 4th 2018, end of lecture
- Assignment 8: MATH401_HW8.pdf, due Friday April 6th, end of lecture, or at the latest April 10th end of the day by email or dropped in the cardboard box in front of my office
Solutions to assignments:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2016:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2017: