MATH401: Green's functions and variational methods
Outline of the course and schedule of lectures outline.pdf
FINAL EXAM: April 13th 2017, 8:30am in BUCH B213, duration: 2h30min.
- Thursday 11am-12pm, with me in my Math office MATH236.
By appointment only, so please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) before if you intend to come.
- Monday 3pm-4pm, with Daniel Gomez (TA) in LSK300B.
Same for Daniel, please email him (email@example.com) before if you intend to come.
- Lecture 0: warm up for ODEs
- Green's functions for ODEs and steady-state PDEs
- Green's functions for time-dependent PDEs
- Variational methods
- Assignment 1: MATH401_HW1.pdf, due to Wednesday Jan 18th, end of lecture
- Assignment 2: MATH401_HW2.pdf, due to Wednesday Feb 1st, end of lecture
- Assignment 3: MATH401_HW3.pdf, due to Friday Feb 10th, end of lecture
- Assignment 4: MATH401_HW4.pdf, due to Wednesday Feb 15th, end of lecture
- Assignment 5: MATH401_HW5.pdf, due to Wednesday March 15th, end of lecture
- Assignment 6: MATH401_HW6.pdf, due to Friday March 24th, end of lecture
- Assignment 7: MATH401_HW7.pdf, due to Friday March 31st, end of lecture
Solutions to assignments:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2016:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2017: