Last updated: Nov 1, 2007
- Dan Coombs (Mathematics, UBC)
Theoretical immunology, infectioous disease dynamics within and between hosts, helical filament dynamics
- Eric Cytrynbaum (Mathematics, UBC)
Cell division, Microtubule-centrosome dynamics, MinD polymerization dynamics in bacterial cell division, cardiac dynamics
- Eirikur Palsson (Biology, SFU)
Developmental biology, chemotaxis, self-organization.
- Diane Finegood (Kinesiology, SFU)
Normal and pathological regulation of carbohydrate metabolism, Type I (juvenile onset) and Type II (adult onset) diabetes mellitus, the role of ß-cell mass and cell death dynamics in development of diabetes and the link to the initiation of Type I diabetes.
- Michael C. Mackey (Physiology, McGill University)
Mathematical biology, models of biological, and physical systems with delay- differential or functional differential equations, hematological dynamics in cyclical neutropenia, periodic chronic myelogenous leukemia, dynamic behaviour of yeast in continuous culture.
- Athanasius (Stan) FM Maree (Theoretical Biology, Utrecht, Holland)
Autoimmune diabetes, actin dynamics in cell motility, morphogenesis, computational biology.
- James Piret (Biotech Lab & Chemical and Bio-Resource Engineering, UBC)
Mammalian cell culture for biotechnology and biomedical applications, optimization of protein production and stem cell culture processes, complex cytokine effects on rates of self-renewal, differentiation and apoptosis of stem cells, experimental and mathematical modeling investigations of the hydrodynamic and mass transport phenomena.
Current Postdoctoral Fellows
- Raibatak (Dodo) Das, Dept of Mathematics, UBC.
- Anmar Khadra, Dept of Mathematics, UBC.
- Yoichiro Mori, Dept of Mathematics, UBC.
- Peter Borowski, Dept of Mathematics, UBC. (PIMS CRG PDF)
- Stewart Chang, Dept of Mathematics, UBC. (From Nov 1, 2007)