Differential Calculus with Applications to Life
Prerequisites: New prerequisites are in place. These are explained at
- Leah Keshet, Math 102 Course Notes,
I will post all handouts, problem sets, final grades, etc. on the web here.
- Review of straight lines
- Review of Simple Functions
- Average velocity, Secant lines, derivatives
- The derivative
- What the derivative tells us about a function
- Chain Rule, Related Rates, Implicit Differentiation
- Exponential functions and logarithms
- Exponential Growth and Decay: Differential Equations
- Trigonometric functions
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Approximation Methods
- More differential equations
- There will be two midterms (schedule to be announced) accounting
for 30% of the final mark.
- There will be homework assignments. The homework problems will
count for 10% of the final mark.
- There will be six labs. They will count 10% of the final mark.
- The final exam will account for 50% of the final mark.