UBC Mathematics for Elementary Education Teachers
|Resources for teaching Math230-335 course
CWSEI project resourses and Diagnostic Test
- For full package of Math 230 project materials please see Math Department Course Archive
- For partial package of Math 230 project materials please see the CWSEI Course Archive.
- BCcumps (The British Columbia Committee on the Undergraduate Program in Mathematics and Statistics) MFEE (Math for Elementary Education) Resources
- Important: Recommendations of BCcumps on structure and contents of mathematics course for pre-service elementary teachers.
Articles by mathematics educators
Articles by mathematicians
- Taking Place Value Seriously: Arithmetic, Estimation, and Algebra,
Roger Howe, Yale University and Susanna Epp, DePaul University
- Three Pillars of First Grade Mathematics, Roger Howe, Yale University
- The Mis-Education of Mathematics Teachers, Hung-Hsi Wu, University of California, Berkeley
- What's Sophisticated about Elementary Mathematics, Hung-Hsi Wu, University of California, Berkeley
- Hung-Hsi Wu's homepage at the UC, Berkeley with more articles on mathematics education. Resources for teaching the teachers and their future students are also available there.
UBC resources - past and present
Books on education of future K-7 teachers
Linkds to Elementary Ed courses at other universities
Assembled as part of CWSEI project by Katya Yurasovskaya