MATH401: Green's functions and variational methods
Outline of the course and schedule of lectures outline.pdf
MID TERM EXAM: February 16th 2018, 12:00pm in SCRF200, duration: 50min.
- Thursday 11:00am-12:00pm, with me in my Math office MATH236.
By appointment only, so please email me (wachs_at_math.ubc.ca) before if you intend to come.
- Monday 1:00pm-2:00pm, with Sarafa Adewale Iyaniwura (TA) in LSK300.
Same for Sarafa, please email him (iyaniwura_at_math.ubc.ca) before if you intend to come.
- Lecture 0: warm up for ODEs
- Green's functions for ODEs and steady-state PDEs
- Green's functions for time-dependent PDEs
- Variational methods
Solutions to assignments:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2016:
Mid-term exam in Spring 2017: