This page contains information for and about my students.
For prospective graduate students
I normally have up to three graduate students working with me at any one
time. I have unusually wide mathematical interests, and am happy to work with
students in almost any field of mathematics. If you want to be my student,
you will need to apply to our graduate programme.
Once you have done that, please drop me a line so I know to look for your
file during the evaluation process.
I have projects available at the M.Sc. and Ph.D. level in
- Automorphic Forms
- Representation Theory
- Analysis on manifolds
- Metric Geometry
- Differential Geometry
I expect incoming M.Sc. and Ph.D. students to pass the
upon arrival in September.
For propspective undergraduate research students
To all students
- I am happy to write you a letter of recommendation. Please first read what Ravi Vakil has to say.
Students past and present
- Hang Yu, M.Sc. 2012. Thesis on complex representations of groups of the form G(R), R a finite local ring.
- Asif Zaman, M.Sc. 2012. Thesis on bounding Maass forms on Hilbert modular surfaces.
- Justin Martel, M.Sc. 2013. Thesis on the topology of locally symmetric spaces.
- Subhajit Jana, M.Sc. 2015. Thesis on pointwise bounds on Maass forms on hyperbolic 5- and 6-manifolds.
- Qiang Zhang, current.
- Maxime Bergeron, Ph.D. 2016. Thesis on the topolopgy of representation varieties.
- Nicolas Lai, current.
- Nikhil Kher, current.
- Zvi Shem-Tov, current.
Undergraudate Research Students
- Eric Naslund,
NSERC USRA Summer 2009, 2010. Project on the edge behaviour of the spectrum of random covers of graphs.
- Shamil Asgarli and Edwin Chen, NSERC USRA Summer 2012. Project on the spectrum of random planar quadrangulations.
- Josh Liu, NSERC USRA Summer 2013. Project on factorization and primality testing of ideals in algebraic number fields.
- Foster Tom, NSERC USRA Summer 2014. Project on numerics for the hot spots conjecture.
- Alex Brandts, NSERC USRA Summer 2014. Project on the volumes of modular knots.
- Taeuk Nam, NSERC USRA Summer 2016.
- Junjie Zhu, Independent Research Summer 2016.
to my homepage.
Last modified: Wednesday September 06, 2017