Learning expectations for quiz 2
- You should know all the learning expectations from Quiz 1 in addition to the following...
- Be able to recognize and/or understand functions of two variables using their graphs and/or their contour plots. For example, you should be able to match equations of functions with their graphs and/or their contour plots.
- Be able to compute the domain of a function
- Be able to compute partial derivatives and higher partial derivatives. For example, show that a function satisfies a given PDE (partial differential equation).
- Use implicit differentiation to compute partial derivatives for a function defined implicitly.
- Find the equation of the plane tangent to a graph of a function at a point.
- Use linear approximation and total differentials to estimate small changes in a function or the values of a function near a point with a known value.