Brian FreidinUniversity of British Columbia
Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences
Contact InfoDepartment of Mathematics
The University of British Columbia
1984 Mathematics Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Email: bfreidin [at] math [dot] ubc [dot] ca
Where have I been?
- PIMS/UBC, 2019–2022 (Postdoc)
- Brown University Spring 2019 (Visiting Assistant Professor)
- IAS, Fall 2018 (Visitor)
- Brown University, 2013–2018, Ph.D. May 2018 (under George Daskalopoulos)
- MathILy, Summers 2015–2020 (AI/LI)
- HCSSiM, Summer 2014 (Junior Staff)
- UIUC, 2010–2013, B.S. May 2013
What have I taught?UBC
- Fall 2020, Math 200 Multivariable Calculus
- Summer 2020, Math 200 Multivariable Calculus
- Spring 2020, Math 200 Multivariable Calculus
- Fall 2019, Math 102 Differential Calculus with Applications to Life Sciences
- Spring 2019, Math 520 Linear Algebra
- Spring 2019, Math 540 Honors Linear Algebra
- Spring 2018, Math 60 Analytic Geometry and Calculus
- Fall 2016, Math 520 Linear Algebra
- Spring 2016, Math 100 Introductory Calculus II
- Fall 2015, Math 170 Advanced Placement Calculus
- Spring 2015, Math 90 Introductory Calculus I
- Fall 2014 Math 100 Introductory Calculus II
What have I written?
- On the proportion of transverse-free plane curves (with S. Asgarli), preprint.
- Harmonic maps between 2-dimensional simplicial complexes 2 (with V. Gras Andreu), preprint.
- A Liouville-ype theorem and Bochner formula for maps into metric spaces (with Y. Zhang), to appear in Comm. Anal. Geom.
- Harmonic maps between ideal 2-dimensional simplicial complexes (with V. Gras Andreu), Geometriae Dedicata (2020) 1–27. (arXiv link)
- Area bounds for free boundary minimal surfaces in a geodesic ball in the sphere (with P. McGrath), Journal of Functional Analysis 277, 11 (2019). (arXiv link)
- A Bochner Formula for Harmonic Maps into Non-Positively Curved Metric Spaces Calc. Var. 58, 121 (2019). (arXiv link)
- Sharp Area Bounds for Free Boundary Minimal Surfaces in Conformally Euclidean Balls (with P. McGrath), International Math. Research Notices, rny 169 (2018). (arXiv link)
- Free Boundary Minimal Surfaces in the Unit Ball with Low Cohomogeneity (with M. Gulian and P. McGrath), Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 145 (2017), 1671–1683. (arXiv link)