UBC Mathematics 361: Introduction to Mathematical Biology, Fall 2014
Section 101; Room: GEOG 212; Time: MWF 14:00-15:00
Website for this course:
Course Outline, Text Book, and Prerequisites:
Math 361 Course Outline
Math 361 Lectures
Some Interesting Links:
Finishing homework assignments timely is extremely important for
due in class on date as indicated in each assignment.
Homework marking rules:
The number of each homework problem should be clearly printed.
Illegible handwritting will result in the loss of marks.
You receive two marks for each collected homework:
one for the completeness and one for the correctness.
Only some important steps and the final answer will be checked.
Rules for Exams and Final Grade Evaluation:
- Homework: 30%
- One Midterm (50 min): 30%.
- Final Exam or Final Project (150 min): 40%.
- No notes or books of any kind except that a one page, single-sided, A4-sized formula sheet is allowed.
- A small-creen, simple scientific calculator is allowed.
- Late homework assignments receive a grade of 0.
- Missing a quiz/exam results in a mark of 0.
- To claim legitimate emergency:
Instructor must be notified within 48 hrs of missed test.
Doctor's or other relevant person's notes must be present.
- 19 Sept 2014 (Friday)
-- First homework due in class.
- 10 Nov 2014 (Monday)
-- Midterm at class time and location.
- 28 Nov 2014 (Friday)
-- Last homework due in class.
-- Final exam or A project report (Date and location: TBA)