MATH 104: Differential Calculus for Social Sciences and Commerce (Section 107, 2013)
You can log into WebWork using by clicking here
. WebWork assignments are due every Wed. at 8am. The WebWork administrator can be contacted via email if you are having technical difficulties and should respond within 24 hours.
We will have a 10 minute in-class quiz every Thu. beginning 5mins after the start of lecture. Students who are late will have to wait for the quiz to finish before being allowed into lecture. Quizzes will be posted online after the class has written them. One question on each quiz will be based on the suggested problems from the previous week. Please bring a copy of the quiz worksheet
with you to each quiz.
Weekly Learning Goals, Extra Notes
Course breakdown, Exams
- Your grade is assessed as follows: 10% Quizzes, 10% WebWork, 30% Midterms, 50% Final.
- Your first midterm is on Oct 10, 6:40-7:40 in LSK 201. It will cover Weeks 0-4 inclusive.
- Your second midterm is Nov 7, at 6:40-7:40 and will be written in LSK 201. It will contain all material up to and including Week 8, with more emphasis on Weeks 5 to 8.
- The final exam for this class will be written on Dec. 11 at 12:00pm.
- For the policy on missed midterms/exams, see the "Course Policies" section of the course webpage.
Extra Resources, Downloads
- The Math Learning Centre is open Mon-Th. 9-7 and Fri. 9-4. There are many graduate math experts who can assist you with problems.
- AMS Tutoring services are offered at the IKB Learning Centre.
- Math Exam Resources is a wiki that provides past final exams for UBC math courses with detailed solutions.
- My assignments, midterms, etc. (with solutions) from 2011. They are a good source for sample problems and solutions of the material you are expected to know.