Brief CV of Tai-Peng Tsai
Department of Mathematics, University of British Columbia,
1984 Mathematics Road, Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z2
Phone: +604-822-2591, Fax: +604-822-6074
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.math.ubc.ca/~ttsai
- 1987-1991 B.Sc.,
National Taiwan University
- 1991-1993 military service
- 1993-1998 Ph.D., University of Minnesota,
advisor: V. Sverak
- 1998-2001 Courant Instructor, New York University
- 2001-2002 Member, Institute for Advanced Study
- 2002-2005 Assistant Professor, University of British
- 2005-2010 Associate Professor, University of British
- 2010-present, Professor, University of British
Short Term Visits
- May-August 1999, July 2000, December 2001, June-August 2002, December
2003, June-July 2004, National Center for Theoretical Sciences, Hsinchu.
- May-July 2001, Universite de Cergy-Pontoise, Paris.
- July-August 2001, Academia Sinica, Taipei.
- June-August 2005,
June-August 2006, October 2008-July 2009, June-July 2010,
National Center for Theoretical
- October-December 2006, Harvard University, Cambridge.
- May-June 2007, CEREMADE, Universite de Paris - Dauphine,
- June-July 2011, Taida Institute for Mathematical Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taipei.
- July 2013-July 2014,
Center of Advanced Study in Theoretical Sciences (CASTS), National Taiwan University, Taipei.
- March 2016-May 2016, Center of Mathematical Sciences and Applications (CMSA),
- July 2016, Institut des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques (IHES).
- One of the local organizers for the conference: "Analysis and Partial Differential Equations: A Conference in Honour of the 60th
Birthday of Nassif Ghoussoub", UBC, Vancouver, July 8-12, 2013.
- One of the co-organizers for the session "Mathematical Fluid Dynamics and Related Topics" in "The Second Pacific Rim Mathematical Association Congress" (PRIMA), Shanghai, June 24-28,
- One of the six organizers (Colliander, Gustafson, Ibrahim,
and Tsai) of
the BIRS workshop: Evolution
equations of physics, fluids, and geometry:
asymptotics and singularities (12w5137), September 9 - 14, 2012.
- One of the four organizers (Gustafson, Nakanishi,
Tsai and Zeng) of
the BIRS workshop: 08w5058 Asymptotics and Singularities in
Nonlinear and Geometric Dispersive Equations, August 24 - 29, 2008.
- One of the two organizers (Sverak and Tsai) of Workshop on Regularity
Problems in Hydrodynamics, Vancouver, August 3 - 7, 2009. It is part of the PIMS/Accelerate Canada Thematic Program on Partial
- Chief Convener, the December 1989 "Grand Math Cup",
an annual athlete event of all college students and faculty of
departments of math, applied math, and math education in Taiwan.
- Canadian Mathematical Society, 2010-present.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Dissertation Fellowship,
Prize, the Centre
de Recherches Mathematiques, 2006.
Morningside Silver Medal of Mathematics, ICCM 2013, 2013-07-14.
- Second Fu Ssu-Nien Mathematics Award (傅斯年數學獎),
2013-12-25, National Taiwan University.
- Invited lectures (selection):
- Plenary speaker, The Six International Congress of
Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM 6), Taipei, July 2013.
- The Second International Congress of
Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM II), Taipei, December 2001.
- PDE session, The First Joint Canada-France
the Mathematical Sciences, Toulouse, July 2004.
- MSJ-IRI 2005 (Mathematical Society of Japan,
14th International Research Institute), ``Asymptotic Analysis and
Singularity'', Sendai, July 2005.
- International congress in theoretical and
numerical fluid mechanics III, Vancouver, August 2007.
- ``Variational and Numerical Methods in
Geometry, Physics and Chemistry'' session, Second Canada-France
Congress on Mathematical Sciences, Montreal, June 2008.
- ``Nonlinear waves and dispersion'' workshop,
Institute Henri Poincare, Paris, April 2009.
- ``Analysis and Computation of Incompressible
Fluid Flow" workshop, Institute for Mathematics and its
Applications, Minneapolis, February 2010.
- Fifth International Congress of
Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM V), Beijing, December 2010.
- Colloquium, McMaster University, Hamilton, February 2011.
- JAMI 2011 (Japan-U.S. Mathematics Institute), Johns Hopkins
University, Baltimore, March 2011.
- A Conference in Honor of the 70th Birthday of S. R. Srinivasa
Varadhan, National Taiwan University, Taipei, July 2011.
- International Congress on Mathematical
Physics (ICMP 2012), Aalborg, August 6-11, 2012.
Last modified: December 2013.