Math 104 - Section 106 - 2016W Term 1 (Sep.-Dec. 2016)
Differential Calculus with Applications to Commerce and Social Sciences
This website will contain material specific to this section of the course. The common website gives the definitive listing of topics, WeBWorK, midterm schedules, etc.
Instructor: Tobias Huxol
Lectures: TTh 2pm-3:30pm in LSK 200
Office Hours: Thursday 4pm-5pm in MATX1102 and by request (email me!).
Our 10% section specific weight will be comprised of quizzes. First quiz will be on September 20 (Tuesday) at the start of the lecture. Second quiz will be on October 4. Quiz 3 was October 18. Quiz 4 will be November 3 (different date!).
The doc cam notes will be eventually uploaded here.
These can be found in the textbook (Apex Calculus). Do them if you would like to have more practice of some particular subject, or maybe to prepare for the exams later on.
- Intro to Limits: Chapter 1.3, Exercises 6 - 32
- One sided Limits: Chapter 1.4, Exercises 2 - 26
- Continuity, IVT: Chapter 1.5, all Exercises
- Derivative Intro: Chapter 2.1, Exercises 6-12
- Derivative Laws I: Chapter 2.3, Exercises 11-25
- Derivative Laws II: Chapter 2.4, Exercises 7-29
- Chain Rule: Chapter 2.5, all Exercises
- Implicit Differentiation: Chapter 2.6, all Exercises
- Inverse Functions: Chapter 2.7, all Exercises
- Related Rates: Chapter 4.2