Math 105/211 - Integral Calulus with applications to commerence and social sciences
|Lectures:||Mon Wed Fri 4:00pm - 4:50pm
|Instructor:|| Saifuddin Syed
|Office hours:||Mon, Wed after class or by appointment
The above page includes more information about the course, exams, course objectives, course outline, and includes practice problems. You are expected to keep up with the announcements on both pages.
PiazzaPiazza is a discussion board that everyone in the class is expected to join. It is a good place to ask/answer questions that you or your classmates have regarding the course/assignments, and for me to give announcements. To join search "Math 105 Section 211" and follow the instructions. I will be monitoring it often, so please be respectful to your classmates. I would reccomend primarily posting questions here and reserve my email for more personal questions. This way we can avoid repeat questions. If you don't have a .ubc.ca account then email me with the email you want to use.
EvaluationYour grade will be determined by assignments (6%), weekly webwork (10%), two midterms (17% each) and a final exam (50%). The Webwork and exam information can be found on the course webpage.
Midterm 1Midterm 1 is on Thursday, January 29 at IBLC 261
- Midterm 1 [F14] Solutions
- Midterm 1 Sample 1 Solutions
- Midterm 1 Sample 2 Solutions
- Midterm 1 Sample 3 Solutions
- Midterm 1 Sample 4 Solutions
- Midterm 1 Sample 5 Solutions
- (Jan 25) I posted last terms midterm, and a few sample midterms with solutions. I have also updated the lecture notes. Let me know if there are any questions and see you on monday :).
- (Jan 18) Assignment 2, Assignment 1 solutions and lecture notes up.
- (Jan 12) For webwork use the i,j,k notation.
- (Jan 10) I forgot to mention today in class that a contour and level set are the same thing. I will also go over trace in the beginnning of mondays class, but if you want to do those webwork problems today before then you can just read ahead in the notes. Btw the notes should be up. Also email me if you are still having trouble accessin the assignment, and I will e-mail you a copy. Until I have a class e-mail list, and everyone that plans on being in this section is enrolled/joins piazza, I make announcements here. I am still going to be answering questions related to the assignment/course material though piazza. Have a good weekend guys, and see you on Monday. Try not to work too hard ;).
Lecture NotesHere are the lecture notes that I have been making for the course as I go along. I will be updating the notes as I go along, they will usually be posted a few days after the lecture. Let me know if I made any mistakes. This is actually the neatest my writing will ever be, so please be kind.
- Chapter 1: Geometry, vectors, planes (Updated 1/18 with page on notation)
- Chapter 2: Functions of several variables (Updated 1/18)
- Chapter 3: Optimization(Updated 1/25)