Quizzes will be held every second week in your normal lecture time and place. There will be no quiz the week of our midterm, not the final week of class.
Each quiz will focus on the previous 2 weeks of material, but may contain any earlier material. They are roughly 15 minutes
in length and will normally occur at the end of class.
Closer to the quiz we will give you a practice quiz.
The quizzes will be held on the following Thursdays and Fridays:
- September 24 & 25
- October 8 & 9
- October 22 & 23
- November 19 & 20
Note - if your class meets Thursdays then your quizzes will be on the 24, 8, 22, & 19. While if your class meets Fridays then you will have quizzes on the 25, 9, 23, & 20.
What you can bring to your quizzes, tests and final exam
See "Course policies" about what to do if you are unable to attend a quiz.
- You should bring your UBC ID, pens and pencils, and an eraser perhaps. You will need nothing else (nor are you allowed it).
- No calculators or other electronic devices
- No formula sheets or summaries
- And definitely no phones
Marking Schemes are posted below. If you feel that your quiz was not graded accurately, please follow these steps:
- DO NOT WRITE ON IT!
- Download the Regrade Form and attach it to your quiz. Give it to your professor within 10 days of receiving your quiz back.
- If there was an arithmetic error in adding up points on your quiz, let us know right away, and we will record the correct grade. This
doesn't constitute a regrade request. Just write a brief note on a cover sheet and give it to your professor after class.
- We reserve the right to regrade the entire quiz, which may result in either an increase or a decrease in your grade.
- Quizzes modified in any way, including additional writing or erased errors, after it was returned to the student and before
submission for regrading will be reported as an act of academic dishonesty!