First meeting: Thursday, Jan 3rd, 3:30 pm in room MATH 202.
Jan 8 New time/classroom: We will meet Thursdays, 2-5pm in room MATX 1102.
Instructor: Ozgur Yilmaz
Email : oyilmaz-at-math.ubc.ca
Office: Math Annex 1113
Hours: By appointment
Class times and location: Th, 2-5pm, MATX 1102
This is a course is on the
mathematical theory of compressed sensing focusing
on both mathematical and algorithmic aspects.
2. Sparse solutions of underdetermined
3. Theoretical recovery guarantees for one-norm minimization: deterministic analysis
4. Random matrices and the RIP
5. Some approximation theory: optimality and
6. Generalizations and extensions
There will be homework assignments (50%) and a term project (50%).
I intend the course to be (more or less) self contained. It would be beneficial to have some background in functional analysis and harmonic analysis as well as in signal processing and information theory. Contact me if you have specific questions.