MATH 101, Section V01 (Vantage College)
Session 2017W, Term 2 (Jan - Apr 2018)
Last update: 2018.01.21
A2 solu, A3
Instructor: Wayne Nagata
Office: Mathematics building, room 112
Office hours (MATH 101.V01 teaching team): W 12:00-13:50 in Orch 4016, or by appointment
Hand in your solutions ON TIME for marks.
Put your NAME and UBC STUDENT NUMBER at the top of the FIRST page of written submissions.
STAPLE multiple pages of written submissions together in the TOP LEFT corner.
- Assigned Fri Jan 5
- Assigned Fri Jan 12
- WeBWorK, A2 available from 09:00 Fri Jan 12 until 09:00 Fri Jan 19
- Assignment 2 written part due Fri Jan 19
- Assigned Fri Jan 19
- WeBWorK, A3 available from 09:00 Fri Jan 19 until 09:00 Fri Jan 26
- For the WeBWorK part of the assignment, log in to Canvas with your CWL password, then from the Dashboard select "MATH101.V01", select "Assignments", select "A3". Then select: "Load A3 in a new window", as directed. Due 09:00am PST Fri Jan 26.
- Assignment 3 written part due Fri Jan 26
- Latex template for your Assignment 3 solutions
Midterm Test (Thursday February 15, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm)
No notes, books, etc. allowed. No calculators, cell phones, etc. allowed. Numerical answers may be given as "calculator ready".
Final Examination (in April)
Link to UBC final exam schedule
- Bring UBCcard (or other official photo I.D., if UBCcard is unavailable),
it must be checked during the exam.
- No notes, books, etc. allowed.
- No calculators, cell phones, etc. allowed. Numerical answers may be given as "calculator ready".
- Topics: same as for Midterm Test, plus additional topics covered later in the term.
- Past final exams of some relevance (topics covered on past exams may not all match this year's topics):
- 15% - Homework
- 15% - Quizzes
- 20% - Midterm Test
- 50% - Final Examination