- In previous years we assigned a well known calculus textbook produced by a for-profit publisher - it was perfectly adequate.
- However, for several reasons have now decided to move to several free resources.
- In particular, we have created a text - CLP calculus - specifically for the course.
- We also suggest 3 other free textbooks - you should consider these supplementary texts. Your primary text is CLP calculus.
- All are free - download links follow below.
Also look at these links - they aren't perfect for our course, but they are free
Other resources for getting help
- Be proactive! Help is not going to come to find you.
- Ask me questions after class, while the material is fresh in your mind.
- Attend office hours! Show up with any questions you may have, and I'll do my best to answer them. Office hours represent an opportunity for you to get one-on-one help from me, a qualified instructor with years of experience, for free. Take advantage of this!
- AMS tutoring: The UBC student society provides an assortment of tutoring services.
- Mathematics Department website: There is much available under the Undergraduates tab, including recent final exams for most
undergraduate mathematics courses.