Math 312: Introduction to Number Theory
Summer Term 2011
- PS 6 posted; note that it is due on Tuesday!
- PS 5, problem 10 had wrong data.
- Final scheduled.
- Midterm information updated -- more problems and solutions.
- 10/5 class to be taught be Greg Martin; office hours will begin on 12/5.
- Office: MATH 229B, 604-827-3031
- Email: "lior" (at) Math.UBC.CA (please include the course number in
the subject line, if applicable)
- Office Hours (Fall 2014): Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30-10:30, Wednesdays 10:30-11:30
- Classes: TWF 10-12 and Th 11-12 at MATX 1100.
- Lecture-by-lecture reading schedule
Kenneth H. Rosen,
Elementary Number Theory and its applications, 5th or 6th edition.
ISBN: (6th ed.) 978-0-321-50031-1
To be clear: you may buy either the 5th or the 6th edition at your option.
The 6th edition is also avaliable as an e-book;
- Syllabus (PDF)
- (Rough) lecture notes (PDF)
- SLATE site.
- Midterm, to be held Friday, May 27th between 10:00-12:00.
- Pre-Midterm Information (PDF)
- The Exam, as well as solutions, were posted to the SLATE website
- Final, to be held Friday, June 17th between 10:00-12:30 (note end time!)
- The material for the Final is everything on the schedule up to the lecture on Jacobi Symbols.
- Problem Set 1, due 13/5/11
- Problem Set 2, due 19/5/11
- Problem Set 3 (clarifications added), due 25/5/11
- Problem Set 4 (typos in 4(b), 10(b) corrected), due 1/6/11
- Problem Set 5 (typos in 1, 5, 10 corrected), due 8/6/11
- Problem Set 6, due 14/6/11
to my homepage.
Clarification: the writings on
these pages are made available for traditional academic reuse. If you wish
to republish substantial portions (including in "derivative works")
please ask me for permission.
The material is expressly excluded from the terms of
UBC Policy 81.
Last modified Tuesday June 14, 2011