Math 312: Introduction to Number Theory
Summer Term 2011
- PS 6 posted; note that it is due on Tuesday!
- PS 5, problem 10 had wrong data.
- Final scheduled.
- Midterm information updated -- more problems and solutions.
- 10/5 class to be taught be Greg Martin; office hours will begin on 12/5.
- Office: MATH 229B, 604-827-3031
- Email: "lior" (at) Math.UBC.CA (please include the course number in
the subject line, if applicable)
- Office Hours (Fall 2013):
Wednesdays 12:30-13:30, Fridays 9:30-10:30
and by appointment
- Classes: TWF 10-12 and Th 11-12 at MATX 1100.
- Lecture-by-lecture reading schedule
Kenneth H. Rosen,
Elementary Number Theory and its applications, 5th or 6th edition.
ISBN: (6th ed.) 978-0-321-50031-1
To be clear: you may buy either the 5th or the 6th edition at your option.
The 6th edition is also avaliable as an e-book;
- Syllabus (PDF)
- (Rough) lecture notes (PDF)
- SLATE site.
- Midterm, to be held Friday, May 27th between 10:00-12:00.
- Pre-Midterm Information (PDF)
- The Exam, as well as solutions, were posted to the SLATE website
- Final, to be held Friday, June 17th between 10:00-12:30 (note end time!)
- The material for the Final is everything on the schedule up to the lecture on Jacobi Symbols.
- Problem Set 1, due 13/5/11
- Problem Set 2, due 19/5/11
- Problem Set 3 (clarifications added), due 25/5/11
- Problem Set 4 (typos in 4(b), 10(b) corrected), due 1/6/11
- Problem Set 5 (typos in 1, 5, 10 corrected), due 8/6/11
- Problem Set 6, due 14/6/11
to my homepage.
Last modified Tuesday June 14, 2011