Math 342: Algebra, Coding Theory and Cryptography
Winter Term 2009
- Office: MATH 229B, 604-827-3031
- Email: "lior" (at) Math.UBC.CA (please include the course number in
the subject line, if applicable)
- Office Hours (Fall 2014): Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30-10:30, Wednesdays 10:30-11:30
- Classes: MWF, 11am-12pm,
Chemistry Building Room 124 – NOTE THE NEW LOCATION!
- Office Hours Cancelled 17/3, 20/3. Patrick Brosnan will teach the classes on 18/3, 20/3.
Lindsay N. Childs,
A Concrete Introduction to Modern Algebra, 2nd edition.
Springer-Verlag, New York.
ISBN: 0-387-98999-4 (softcover), 0-387-94484-2 (hardcover)
- Syllabus (PDF)
- (Rough) lecture notes (PDF)
- SLATE site.
Solutions at the SLATE site.
- Problem Set 1, due 14/1/09
- Problem Set 2, due 19/1/09
- Problem Set 3, due 26/1/09
- Problem Set 4, due 02/2/09 (typo corrected 26/1/09, another typo corrected 2/2/09)
- Problem Set 5, due 09/2/09
- Problem Set 6, due 25/2/09
(RSA Paper at the SLATE site)
- Problem Set 7, due 4/3/09
- Problem Set 8, due 11/3/09
- Problem Set 9, due 20/3/09
- Problem Set 10, due 27/3/09
- Problem Set 11, due 3/4/09
- Problem Set 12, due 8/4/09
to my homepage.
Clarification: the writings on
these pages are made available for traditional academic reuse. If you wish
to republish substantial portions (including in "derivative works")
please ask me for permission.
The material is expressly excluded from the terms of
UBC Policy 81.
Last modified Wednesday January 26, 2011