Math 265: Linear differential equations; Sections 101 and 103
Instructor: Professor Leah Keshet.
Office: Math Annex 1111 Phone: 604-822-5889
Office Hrs: TBA
Section 101: Mon, Wed 8:00-8:50 AM in FSC 1005.
Section 103: Mon, Wed 9:00-9:50 AM in MacMillan 166.
Boyce and DiPrima Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems
Leah Keshet's teaching policies
Are summarized HERE.
Please familiarize yourself with these.
- Final Exam: 50%
- MT Tests (2): 35-40%
- HW and other: 10-15% (best N-2 out of N)
Note: The above formula is approximate only. Some modifications may be made in computing your final grade. "Other" may include class work from time to time. There will be no make-up tests. If you miss a midterm, you must document the (medical or academic or sport-related) absence with a formal note (from your doctor, coach, etc). In that case, your grade will be composed in a way that does not penalize you for the absence. Failing to provide documentation will result in a 0 score for the missed midterm.
Please note these important dates!
Common midterm tests will be written by all Math 265 sections
on the following EVENINGS:
- Midterm 1 October Date TBA, Location TBA
- Midterm 2 November Date TBA, Location TBA
If you have a valid excuse that means that you absolutely
cannot attend these midterm exams at these times and dates, you must let
your instructor know on or before Sept 13th, 2010.
NOTES about grading:
- To pass the course, your total combined term mark must be over 50%.
- Calculators are not permitted on tests or exams.
- There are no make-up midterms or quizzes.
- Homework problems collection is important part of your learning.
- Homework handed in late will not be graded.
Course Website and online material: