- Commuting tuples in reductive groups and their maximal compact subgroups, with Alexandra Pettet, accepted for publication in Geometry and Topology.
- Some groups of mapping classes not realized by diffeomorphisms joint with Mladen Bestvina and Tom Church, Comment. Math. Helv. 88 (2013).
- Homomorphisms between mapping class groups, with Javier Aramayona, Geometry and Topology 16 (2012).
- A Cantor set with hyperbolic complement, with Matt Stower, accepted for publication in Conformal Geometry and Dynamics.
- On the non-existence of certain branched covers, with Pekka Pankka, Geometry and Topology 16, 2012.
- Non-realizability, ending laminations and the density conjecture, with Hossein Namazi, Acta Math 209, 2012.
- Genericity of Pseudo-Anosovs in the Torelli group, with Justin Malestein, IMRN, 2012.
- Geometric limits of knot complements, II: Graphs determined by their complements joint with Richard Kent 4, Mathematische Zeitschrift 271, 2012.
- On the fundamental group of Hom(Z^k,G), with Jose Manuel Gomez and Alexandra Pettet, Mathematische Zeitschrift 271, 2012.
- A finiteness theorem for hyperbolic 3-manifolds, joint with Ian Biringer, Journal of the LMS 84 (2011).
- Automorphisms of the graphs of free splittings, with J. Aramayona, Michigan Math Journal 60 (2011).
- Algebraic and geometric convergence of representations into PSL_2C, joint with Ian Biringer, Geometry and Topology 14, 2010.
- Exotic quasi-conformally homogeneous surfaces, with Petra Bonfert-Taylor, Dick Canary and Edward C. Taylor, Bull. LMS. 2011.
- A remark on the action of the mapping class group on the unit tangent bundle, Annales de la Faculte des Sciences de Toulouse, Vol. XIX (3-4), 2010.
- Geometric limits of knot complements, with Jessica Purcell, Journal of Topology 2010.
- Finitely generated subgroups of lattices in PSL(2,C), with Yair Glasner and Pete Storm, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010).
- Injections of mapping class groups joint with Javier Aramayona and Chris Leininger, Geometry & Topology 13, 2009.
- Heegaard splittings and pseudo-Anosov maps, with Jose Namazi, GAFA 19-4 (2009).
- Chords, light and another characterization of the round sphere, with Ben Schmidt, Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici 85 (2010).
- The rank of the fundamental group of certain hyperbolic 3-manifolds fibering over the circle, in The Zieschang Gedenkschrift, Geometry and Topology Monographs, Vol. 14, 2008.
- Minimality of the well-rounded retract, with Alexandra Pettet, Geometry and Topology 12, 2008.
- The spine which was no spine, with Alexandra Pettet, L'Enseignement Mathematique 54, 2008.
- Two applications of the natural map, Geometriae Dedicata 133, 2008
- Geometry, Heegaard splittings and rank of the fundamental group of hyperbolic 3-manifolds, Geometry and Topology Monographs, Vol 12, 2007.
- Dense embeddings of surface groups, with E. Breuillard, T. Gelander and P. Storm, Geometry & Topology 10 (2006).
- Dynamics of the mapping class group action on the variety of SL_2C characters, with P. Storm, Geometry and Topology 10, 2006.
- Algebraic limits of geometrically finite manifolds are tame, with J. Brock, GAFA 16 vol. 1, 2006
- Volume rigidity for finite volume manifolds, with J. Boland, C. Connell, Amer. J. Math. 127 (2005)
- A note on the tameness of hyperbolic manifolds, Topology 44, (2005)
- Ending laminations in the Masur domain, with G. Kleineidam, `Kleinian Groups and Hyperbolic 3-Manifolds,' Poceeddings of Warwick Conference 2001, London Math. Soc., (2003)
- Boundaries of deformation spaces and Ahlfors' measure conjecture, with J. Brock, K. Bromberg and R. Evans, Publ. I.H.E.S. 98 (2003)
- Cone-manifolds with large cone-angles, Geometry and Topology, Vol. 7, (2003)
- Algebraic Convergence of Function Groups, with G. Kleineidam, Comment. Math. Helv. 77, (2002)
Never submitted or not to be submited again
These papers were either never submitted, or if they were submitted then either I never got a report or they were rejected by the journal. They land in this section because either I cannot be bothered to do anything about them, or because I was upset, or because I am just silly, or... As far as I know there are no mathematical mistakes in them and in any case remarks are welcome. Note that all these papers I wrote alone: if not, more would be on this list.
- Three techniques for obtaining algebraic circle packings, with Lars Louder and Andrey Mishenko, prepint 2013.
- A remark on homomorphisms from right-angled Artin groups to mapping class groups, with Javier Aramayona, preprint 2013.
- Holomorphic maps between moduli spaces, with Javier Aramayona, preprint 2012.
- Rigidity phenomena in mapping class groups, with Javier Aramayona, preprint 2012.
- Distributional limits of Riemannian manifolds and graphs with sublinear genus growth, with Hossein Namazi and Pekka Pankka, preprint 2012.
- Diameter and spectral gap for planar graphs, with Lars Louder, preprint 2012.
- Periodic maximal flats are not peripheral, joint with Alexandra Pettet, 2009.
- Shearing coordinates and convexity of length functions joint with M. Bestvina, K. Bromberg, K. Fujiwara, 2009.
In preparation (Listed here to appease at least some of my co-authors)
- Volume and distances in the pants complex, with J. Brock
- The density conjecture: a prehistoric approach, with K. Bromberg
- Rank of mapping tori and distances in the curve complex, with I. Biringer
- Rank of the fundamental group and topology of hyperbolic 3-manifolds, with I. Biringer
- No title yet but something about models of closed hyperbolic 3-manifolds using Heegaard splittings, with J. Brock, Y. Minsky and H. Namazi
Never to be written
- Injectivity radius bounds in convex-cores of hyperbolic 3-manifolds,
with G. Kleineidam.