Integral Calculus with Applications to Commerce and Social Sciences
Instructor: Jerome Lefebvre
Office: 126 Auditorium Annex
The course outline
The homework are posted on the webwork webpage (we are under "MATH105_2011S")
The final exam will be on July 29th from 1pm to 3:30pm in LSK 201 (note the longer time and different classroom)
The midterms will be held on June 29th, July 13th and July 20th. (Note the change of date for the second midterm.)
Weekly learning goals:
The trimmed version for focused study! (i.e. they better reflect the composition of the final.)
- Various practice questions Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3. You can ignore any questions that are crossed out in red. With solutions to Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3. They were all updated on 27th, make.
- The formula sheet updated for the final.
- Extra office hours
- Friday 9-12pm Auditorium Annex 147
- Typed up notes on probability (V3 Updated on the 25th).
- Scanned pages on on probability. Some further scanned pages on probability and finally section 12.3. A few solutions (V2 Updated 27th) to the suggested exercises, let me know if you want more (check out Set 1 for more exercises on probability).
- July 11 A graphical representation of the "pinched surface" we was today.
- A short program on Malthusian growth from the BBC
- July 7th -- Notes on population ecology.
- July 1st -- There is no class on July 1st, happy Canada day.
- June 28th -- I'll hold extra office hours starting from 3pm, in my office in the auditorium Annex 126 (or if there are many who come, we'll move to room 147 in the auditorium annex).
- June 22nd -- I'll host a special review session on functions like arcsin(x) for those who did not see them before. It will be right after the regular course. I'll do an example or two of dealing with those big sums as well. If you have no worries about those sums, here's a lunch my friend once made for me.
- June 22nd -- We'll be using theses graphs