Learning expectations for Quiz 5
- You should know all the learning expectations from Quiz 1, Quiz 2, Quiz 3, Quiz 4, and the midterm in addition to the following...
- Be able to compute the integral of a function over a surface using a parameterization of a surface.
- Be able to check whether or not a parameterization of a surface is compatible with a given orientation of the surface.
- Be able to find the boundary of a surface, and figure out its induced orientation.
- Be able to compute the flux of a vector field through an oriented surface using a parameterization of the surface (including getting the orientation right!).
- Be able to compute a flux integral without using a parameterization in the special situations where the relationship between the vector field and the normal vector can be determined without a parameterization.
- Know Stoke's theorem and use it to compute work integrals around loops.