Learning expectations for Quiz 1
- Be able to find parameterizations of basic curves such as line segments, and circles.
- Be able to find a parameterization of a curve given as the intersection of two surfaces.
- Be able to find the intersection (if it exists) of two parameterized curves.
- Be able to take the derivative of a vector valued function and have facility with the product rules and the chain rule. Use properties of cross and dot product to simplify expressions involving derivatives
- Be able to find the tangent lines to a curve at a point. Be able to solve more involved problems involving tangent lines (e.g. "at what point on the curve is the tangent line normal to the plane...").
- Be able to compute the arc length of a curve.
- Be able to reparemeterize a curve by arclength.
- Know the conceptual definition of curvature and be able to compute curvature from a parameterization.