Help: Mathematical Formulas
Formulas can be entered in normal mathematical format. The usual
algebraic precedence rules are observed. Multiplication can be indicated
with either a blank space or "*". Powers are indicated with "^".
Factorials are indicated with "!".
The constant pi and the following mathematical functions are
The following random variables are also available:
Points to remember:
- the arguments of a function must always be enclosed in parentheses,
e.g. "sin(x)", not "sin x".
- "x*y" can be written as "x y" but not "xy"
- "a^b" is defined in the following cases:
- a > 0 and any b (unless the number becomes too large)
- a = 0 and b >= 0 (with the convention 0^0 = 1)
- a < 0 and b an integer (unless the number becomes too large)