Izabella Laba's Home Page
Links: people, places, resources
Conferences and programs
Izabella Laba - Professional activities
Conferences and programs organized/
- Fields Institute, January-May 2008
- Penn State University, April 2007
- University of Missouri at Columbia, May 2006
Conferences and programs organized
- Summer School on Harmonic Analysis,
Geometric Measure Theory and Additive Combinatorics, Catalina Canyon Resort, Catalina Island,
California, June 24-29, 2012. Co-organized with Christoph Thiele and Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis Session,
CMS Winter 2010 meeting, Vancouver, December 4-6, 2010.
Co-organized with Akos Magyar and Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis: A Retrospective Workshop,
Fields Institute, Toronto, May 31-June 4. Co-organized with Michael Lacey.
Clay-Fields Conference on Additive Combinatorics, Number Theory and Harmonic
Analysis, Fields Institute, Toronto, April 5-13, 2008. Co-organizers:
David Ellwood, Andrew Granville, Bryna Kra, Trevor Wooley.
``New Trends in Harmonic Analysis", a
thematic program, Toronto, January 1 - June 30, 2008.
Co-organizers: Alex Iosevich, Michael Lacey, Eric Sawyer.
Harmonic Analysis Session,
CMS Winter 2006 meeting, Toronto.
Co-organized with Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis Symposium,
CMS Winter 2003 meeting, Vancouver.
Co-organized with Alex Iosevich.
"Combinatorial and Number-Theoretic Methods in Harmonic Analysis",
a thematic program at the
Erwin Schroedinger Institute in Vienna,
February 15 - April 15, 2003.
Co-organized with Alex Iosevich and Detlef Mueller.
- Partial Differential Equations Symposium, CMS Winter 2000
Co-organized with Richard Froese and Nassif Ghoussoub.
- The Abel Symposium 2012: Operator-Related Function
Theory and Time-Frequency Analysis, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, Oslo,
- Summer Informal Regional Functional
Analysis Seminar (SUMIRFAS), Texas A&M University, College Station, 2012
- Workshop for Women in Analysis and
PDE, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, Minneapolis, 2012
- CRM, Barcelona, 2009
Summer school "Dynamical Systems: Geometric Structures and Rigidity", 8-hour minicourse,
Bedlewo, Poland, 2008
- Krieger-Nelson prize lecture, Second Canada-France Congress, Montreal, 2008
Arithmetic Combinatorics workshop, Institute for Advanced Study, 2007
Current Events Bulletin,
AMS-MAA Joint Mathematics Meeting, New Orleans, 2007
- Invited address, AMS Fall Western Section Meeting, Salt Lake City, 2006
- NSF Harmonic Analysis Focused Research Group lecture series,
University of Missouri, Columbia, 2006
- Harmonic Analysis and its Applications, Sapporo, 2005
- Combinatorial and Additive Number Theory workshop, CUNY, 2004 and 2005
- Coxeter-James prize lecture, CMS Winter Meeting, Montreal, 2004
- ARCC Workshop on Recent Trends in Additive Combinatorics, AIM, 2004
- International Conference on Harmonic Analysis and PDE, El Escorial, 2004
- CRM Mathematics Colloquium, Montreal, 2002
- AMS--IMS--SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference in Harmonic Analysis,
Mount Holyoke College, 2001
- Plenary lecture, CMS Winter Meeting, Vancouver, 2000
- Putnam Committee, 01/2009-12/2011
- CMS Research Committee, 01/2007-12/2009
- CMS Doctoral Prize Selection Committee, 01/2006-12/2007
- UBC Mathematics Facilities Committee, 2003-06
- UBC Mathematics Head Search Committee, 2002
- Marc Carnovale, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2010-present
- Vincent Chan, Ph.D. (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2010-present
- Rhoda Sollazzo, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Mahta Khosravi), 2010-11
- Christopher Coulter, M.Sc. 2006-07
- Karsten Chipeniuk, M.Sc. 2005-07 (co-supervised with Ozgur Yilmaz, 2005-06),
Ph.D. 2007 - 2011
- Kelan Zhai, M.Sc. 2004-06, Ph.D. 2006-present
- Roger Woodford, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Denis Sjerve) 2004-05, Ph.D.
- Mariah Hamel, M.Sc. 2002-04, Ph.D. 2004-08
- Matthew Bond, 2011-14
- Matthew Smith (co-supervised with Akos Magyar), 2009-11
- John Griesmer (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2009-11
- John Steinberger, 2007-09
- Hadi Jorati, 2005-07 (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik, 2006-07)
- Ben Green, 2003-04