Izabella Laba's Home Page
Links: people, places, resources
Conferences and programs
Izabella Laba - Professional activities
Conferences and programs organized/
Z. Falconer Lecturer, Association for Women in Mathematics and Mathematical Association of America, 2016
Invited speaker (Section 8: Analysis), International Congress of
Mathematicians, Seoul, 2014
Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, 2012
Fields Institute Fellow, 2009
Krieger-Nelson Prize, Canadian Mathematical Society, 2008
Coxeter-James Prize, Canadian Mathematical Society, 2004
- UBC Faculty of Science Achievement Award for Research, 2002
- NSERC University Faculty Award, 2000-05
- Fields Institute, January-May 2008
- Penn State University, April 2007
- University of Missouri at Columbia, May 2006
- Discrete Analysis, editor, 2015-present
Analysis and PDE, editor, 2007-present
- Online Journal of
Analytic Combinatorics, founding and managing co-editor, 2005-12; editor, 2012-present
- SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics (SIDMA),
- Canadian Journal of Mathematics and Canadian
Mathematical Journal, Associate Editor, 2011-2015
Conferences and programs organized
Workshop on Ergodic, Algebraic and Combinatorial Methods in Dimension Theory, ICERM,
Providence, February 15-19, 2016. Co-organizers: M. Hochman, P. Shmerkin, B. Weiss.
- Dimension and Dynamics, ICERM thematic program, Providence, February 1 - May 6, 2016. Co=organized with D. Dolgopyat, M. Hochman, S. Luzzato,
Y. Pesin, M. Pollicott, J. Schmeling, B. Solomyak, W. Tucker.
- Chair, Workshop on the Kakeya problem,
Restriction problem, and Sum-product Theory, IPAM, Los Angeles, May 5-9, 2014.
Co-organized with Larry Guth, Alex Iosevich, Nets Katz.
- Summer School on Harmonic Analysis,
Geometric Measure Theory and Additive Combinatorics, Catalina Canyon Resort, Catalina Island,
California, June 24-29, 2012. Co-organized with Christoph Thiele and Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis Session,
CMS Winter 2010 meeting, Vancouver, December 4-6, 2010.
Co-organized with Akos Magyar and Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis: A Retrospective Workshop,
Fields Institute, Toronto, May 31-June 4. Co-organized with Michael Lacey.
Clay-Fields Conference on Additive Combinatorics, Number Theory and Harmonic
Analysis, Fields Institute, Toronto, April 5-13, 2008. Co-organizers:
David Ellwood, Andrew Granville, Bryna Kra, Trevor Wooley.
``New Trends in Harmonic Analysis", a
thematic program, Toronto, January 1 - June 30, 2008.
Co-organizers: Alex Iosevich, Michael Lacey, Eric Sawyer.
Harmonic Analysis Session,
CMS Winter 2006 meeting, Toronto.
Co-organized with Malabika Pramanik.
Harmonic Analysis Symposium,
CMS Winter 2003 meeting, Vancouver.
Co-organized with Alex Iosevich.
"Combinatorial and Number-Theoretic Methods in Harmonic Analysis",
a thematic program at the
Erwin Schroedinger Institute in Vienna,
February 15 - April 15, 2003.
Co-organized with Alex Iosevich and Detlef Mueller.
- Partial Differential Equations Symposium, CMS Winter 2000
Co-organized with Richard Froese and Nassif Ghoussoub.
- Etta Z. Falconer Lecture, AWM/MAA Mathfest, Columbus, 2016
- Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 2015
- Colloquium, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 2015
- Invited section speaker, International Congress of Mathematicians, Seoul, 2014
- Minicourse in Mathematical Analysis (5 hours), Padova, 2014
- Colloquium, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013
- The Abel Symposium 2012: Operator-Related Function
Theory and Time-Frequency Analysis, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, Oslo,
- Workshop for Women in Analysis and
PDE, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, Minneapolis, 2012
- CRM, Barcelona, 2009
Summer school "Dynamical Systems: Geometric Structures and Rigidity", 8-hour minicourse,
Bedlewo, Poland, 2008
- Krieger-Nelson prize lecture, Second Canada-France Congress, Montreal, 2008
Arithmetic Combinatorics workshop, Institute for Advanced Study, 2007
Current Events Bulletin,
AMS-MAA Joint Mathematics Meeting, New Orleans, 2007
- Invited address, AMS Fall Western Section Meeting, Salt Lake City, 2006
- NSF Harmonic Analysis Focused Research Group lecture series,
University of Missouri, Columbia, 2006
- Harmonic Analysis and its Applications, Sapporo, 2005
- Coxeter-James prize lecture, CMS Winter Meeting, Montreal, 2004
- ARCC Workshop on Recent Trends in Additive Combinatorics, AIM, 2004
- International Conference on Harmonic Analysis and PDE, El Escorial, 2004
- CRM Mathematics Colloquium, Montreal, 2002
- AMS--IMS--SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference in Harmonic Analysis,
Mount Holyoke College, 2001
- Plenary lecture, CMS Winter Meeting, Vancouver, 2000
- Levi L. Conant Prize Selection Committee, American Mathematical Society, 02/2018 - 01/2021
- AWM-Sadosky Research Prize Selection Committee, Association for Women in Mathematics,
- William Lowell Putnam Committee, Mathematical Association of America
(for the selection of problems for the William Lowell Putnam competition),
member 01/2009-12/2010, chair 01/2011-12/2011
- CMS Research Committee, 01/2007-12/2009
- CMS Doctoral Prize Selection Committee, 01/2006-12/2007
- Charlotte Trainor, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2017-present
- Alessandro Marinelli, Ph.D., 2014-18 (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik 2015-2018)
- Kyle Hambrook, Ph.D., 2011-15
- Marc Carnovale, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2010-13
- Vincent Chan, Ph.D. (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2010-14
- Rhoda Sollazzo, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Mahta Khosravi), 2010-11
- Christopher Coulter, M.Sc. 2006-07
- Karsten Chipeniuk, M.Sc. 2005-07 (co-supervised with Ozgur Yilmaz, 2005-06), Ph.D. 2007-11
- Kelan Zhai, M.Sc. 2004-06, Ph.D. 2006-2012
- Roger Woodford, M.Sc. (co-supervised with Denis Sjerve) 2004-05, Ph.D. 2005-08
- Mariah Hamel, M.Sc. 2002-04, Ph.D. 2004-08
- Laura Cladek (co-supervised with James Colliander and Malabika Pramanik), 2016-2017
- Ben Krause (PIMS Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow and NSF Postdoctoral Fellow), 2015-17
- Kevin Henriot, 2014-16 (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik)
- Matthew Bond (NSF Postdoctoral Fellow), 2011-13
- Matthew Smith (co-supervised with Akos Magyar), 2009-11
- John Griesmer (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik), 2009-11
- John Steinberger, 2007-09
- Hadi Jorati, 2005-07 (co-supervised with Malabika Pramanik, 2006-07)
- Ben Green, 2003-04