Department of Mathematics
University of British Columbia
Office: Auditorium Annex 131
Currently: I am a Ph.D.
candidate under the supervision of Vinayak Vatsal and Mike
Bennett. Before that, I got my M.A. in mathematics at the
University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Research Interests: My thesis
deals with modular
forms, particularly modular symbols; I am studying special values of
L-functions related to cusp forms and Eisenstein series.
I also have another paper, currently a preprint, entitled A Bound on 7-Torsion Points on Curves of
Teaching Experience: This term I am teaching a section of MATH 105. Here is the section website.
I was a workshop TA for MATH 180 and 184 (Differential Calculus).
For more information about the workshops, click here.
My prior experience as a teacher and TA includes:
Academic Activities: Past
conferences I have been to include
- Summer 2011 at UBC: Instructor for MATH 200/253 (Multivariable
- Fall 2010 at UBC: Workshop TA for MATH 184.
- Fall 2009 at UBC: Instructor for MATH 104 (Differential Calculus).
- Spring 2009 at UBC: TA for MATH 313 (Topics in Number Theory).
- Fall 2008 at UBC: TA for MATH 200 (Multivariable Calculus).
- Fall 2006-Spring 2008 at UW-Madison: Instructor, Algebra.
- Spring 2006 at
UW-Madison: TA, Multivariable Calculus.
- Fall 2005 at UW-Madison: TA, Integral Calculus.
- Joint Mathematics Meetings 2013
- Park City Mathematics Institute Summer School 2009
- Arizona Winter School 2008