Reading seminar on Arthur's Trace Formula
(Math 592, Term I 2015/2016)
Wednesday 4-5:30pm, in Math 126.
Main text: Part 1 of Arthur's notes in Clay volume
- September 16: Ed. Adeles and strong approximation.
W. Casselman's notes , the book by Platonov and Rapinchuk, Section 2 of Arthur's notes,
Notes by B. Conrad .
- September 23: No meeting
- September 30: Lior. Summary of the relevant Functional Analysis.
- October 7: Justin. The trace formula for the compact quotient.
- October 14: Athena. Survey of representation theory of GL(2, R) and
- October 21: Thomas. Survey of representation theory of GL(2, Q_p) and
- October 28: Ed. Eisenstein series and intertwining operators.
- November 4. Reza. Non-compact quotient and parabolic subgroups.
(Section 4 of Arthur's notes).
- November 11: speaker TBA. From here we should be able to follow
Arthur's notes (Section 6, then Section 8, then pretty much consecutive sections until the end of Part I).