Seminar on Quadratic Forms and Siegel formula, 2011
For all the mathematics, references, etc., please see Prof. Casselman's
Fridays, 12:30-2pm in MATX 1101.
- January 7: organizational meeting and overview.
- January 14: W. Casselman, Quadratic forms over finite rings.
- January 21: Mark Thom, Finiteness of the number of quadratic forms in a genus.
- January 28: Carmen Bruni, Sizes of spheres over Q_p.
- February 4: W. Casselman, Quadratic forms over finite rings II.
- February 11: Lance Robson, Solutions modulo p^m and p-adic volumes.
- February 18: BREAK, NO MEETING
- February 25: Asif Zaman, The sums of 3 squares.
- March 4: Carmen Bruni, theta-series.
- March 11: Asif Zaman, Values of L-functions.
- March 18: NO MEETING
- March 25: Lance Robson, Sums of 24 squares and Ramanujan
- March 31: Siegel formula and Tamagawa number -I (Mark Thom)
- April 6: Tamagawa number - II (Prof. Casselman ?)