Math 105 Section 201
Integral Calculus with Applications to Commerce and Social Sciences
||  Kevin Doerksen |
||  doerksen (at) math.ubc.ca |
| Home page || http://www.math.ubc.ca/~doerksen/|
| Office hours || Mon 2:00 - 3:00 pm and Wed 9:00 - 11:00 am in LSK303C
| Location of lectures || CIRS 1250 |
| Time of lectures || Mon, Wed, Fri 8:00-8:50 am |
Section-specific information: There will be no paper assignments, quizzes, or clicker questions for marks in this section. The grade breakdown in our section will be as follows:
- Webwork -- 10%
- Midterm 1 -- 20%
- Midterm 2 -- 20%
- Final Exam -- 50%
MIDTERM EXAM NOTICE
- MIDTERM EXAM 1
- A sample midterm 1 and solutions can be found HERE .
- The solutions to midterm 1 can be found HERE .
- MIDTERM EXAM 2
- Midterm exam 2 will be held on March 20 (Thursday). The time is from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm in CIRS 1250 (our regular classroom).
- A sample midterm 2 and solutions can be found HERE .
- For midterm 2 you will be expected to know the material from the following sections: 5.3, 5.5, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.6, 7.7 and 7.8. The weekly learning goals, and the accompanying suggested problems, outline precisely what you are expected to know.
- Note that you may need to use Riemann sums in Midterm 2.
Some important links:
- Common webpage for all sections of MATH 105 - The common webpage contains:
- General information and policies for this course
- Information on midterm and final exams
- A suggested review of differential calculus
- A course outline with weekly learning goals
- Practice problems
- Weekly assignments will be posted online and are due the following week. These assignments contribute to a portion of your final grade.
- Piazza is an online discussion forum for our course. Use this forum to ask and answer questions about course material.
- The first time you access piazza, you will need to sign up through our sign-up link. An access code is required and has been emailed out to all students. If you did not receive the access code (perhaps you registered late), you can email me and I will send it to you.
- Mathematics Learning Centre
- The Math Learning Centre offers free tutoring for all students during regular working hours.
- UBC math wiki of old Math 105 final exams
- Three past final exams have been posted on the wiki. They come complete with hints and full solutions. I suggest using these exams to assist in studying for the final exam in this course.
- Old final exams on the Mathematics Department website