CV (short version)
- B.Sc. (First Class Honours), Mathematics, McGill University, 1995.
- M.S., Mathematics, Univerisity of Utah, 1998.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Utah, 2001.
- Research/Teaching Assistant,
Department of Mathematics, University of Utah, 1996-1998.
- Research/Teaching Fellow,
Department of Mathematics, University of Utah, 1998-2001.
- Long-stay invited workshop participant,
"From individual to collective behaviour", Cambridge University, UK, 2001.
Burroughs Wellcome Fund, University of Calfornia, Davis, 2002-2004.
- Assistant Professor,
Department of Mathematics, University of British Columbia, 2003-2009.
- Associate Professor,
Department of Mathematics, University of British Columbia, 2009-.
- Sustainability Fellow,
UBC Sustainability Initiative, 2014-2015.
Grants, awards, fellowships
- University of Utah Graduate Research Fellowship (Dissertation Fellowship). Sept. 2000 - Aug. 2001.
- FCAR B1 (M.Sc. Research Scholarship). June 1998 - Aug. 1998.
- FCAR B2 (Ph.D. Research Scholarship). Sept. 1998 - Aug. 2001.
- PMMB Burroughs Wellcome Fund Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2002-2004.
- MITACS (co-PI), Biomedical Models of Cellular and Physiological Systems and Disease, 2004 - .
- NSERC Discovery grant, Quantitative modeling of cytoskeletal dynamics, 2004 - 2009.
- PIMS CRG, Mathematical Modeling and Computation in Biology, 2006-2008.
- NSERC RTI (co-PI), Image Acquisition Instruments, 2008.
- NSERC Discovery grant, Dynamics and mechanics of polymers in cell division, 2009 - 2015.
- FL-TLEF, for development of the Math Exam Resources Wiki, 2014.
- Skylight Development Grant, for development of online resources for MATH 102 - Calculus for Life Sciences, 2014.
- USI Spotlight grant, for sustainability-related course development, 2014 - 2015.
See Research page
Note: all acronyms are tagged as such - hover over them to see the full name.