Mathematics 104 - Term 1 2017-2018
"Differential Calculus with Applications to Commerce and Social Sciences"
Link to Math 104 common website
Lecture time and location
- Section 101 is taught by Michael Bennett
Lecturer: Michael Bennett
- Mathematics Building Room 222A
- Email: email@example.com
- Please put "MATH104" in the subject line of your email.
- Phone: 604-822-2251
- Office hours - the TA for the course will be scheduling office hours (to be announced).
- My office hours are Tu 12-1 and Th 11-12, in Math222A.
- You can also make an appointment by email.
- The first Extra Homework Assignment
is now available. It's due Thursday, September 28th.
- Please see the common website for webwork announcements.
Assessment and Grading scheme
- Your final mark will be calculated as follows
- 50% = common final exam (December)
- 30% = two in class midterm tests (October 5 and November 9)
- 10% = Webwork
- 10% = extra homework
- I will not give make-up midterms or exams.
- If you are forced to miss assessment due to illness then we need
to be notified within 72 hours. When you are healthy again we can
discuss re-weighting your marks. We will need to see original written
documentation in the form of a letter from your doctor. If you do not
follow these guidelines, then a score of zero will be given for the
Midterm and Exam
- The final exam will be in December - please do not make travel
plans until the date becomes known.
- The midterms will be held in class on Thursday, October 5th and Thursday, November 9th.
- Homework will be assigned week-by-week using the online WebWork system.
To access the homework assignments, you need to go to the
, login using your CWL login
Keep your eyes open for new assignments on WebWork.
- Extra Homework will be assigned throughout the term.
- From time to time we might put some extra notes up here.