- In previous years we assigned a well known calculus
textbook produced by a for-profit publisher - it was
- However, for
we have now decided to move to several free resources.
- In particular, we have created a text - CLP
calculus - specifically for the course.
- We also suggest 3 other free textbooks - you should
consider these supplementary texts. Your primary text is CLP
- All are free - download links follow below.
Also look at these links - they aren't perfect for our
course, but they are free
Other resources for getting help
- Be proactive! - help is not going to come to find you.
- Ask your instructor after class
- ask questions while the material is fresh in your mind
- Go to your instructor's office hours
- they are there to help you
- before the quizzes tends to be more useful than
- Go to the Maths
Learning Centre which is located in the Leonard
S. Klinck Building (LSK) Room 300, 301 & 302.
- Tutors are available, at no charge, to answer
questions on a drop-in basis.
- The services starts in the second week of classes and
continues until the final exam.
- Times scheduled for Math 100 are available by clicking
tutoring: The UBC student society
provides an assortment of tutoring services.
Department website: There is much
available under the Undergraduates tab, including recent
final exams for most undergraduate mathematics courses.