Assessment - Math100
- Math 100 is a three-credit course, with three hours of
lectures per week, for one term.
- Your Maths100 grade will be computed based on the
- Final Exam 60%
- 1 midterm 25% : October 18th or 19th
- Course-common WeBWorK assignments 15%
Scaling of marks across sections of Math 100
- After the final exam has been marked, term marks
(everything except the final exam) for each section may
- If this does happen, then the term marks for each section
are scaled so that the distribution of term marks is close
to the distribution of final exam marks of that section.
- These adjusted term marks will be used to compute
a student's final grade.
- This scaling is performed in order to ensure fairness
- UBC takes cheating incidents very seriously.
- After due investigation, students found guilty of cheating
on tests and exams are usually
- given a final grade of 0 in the course,
- suspended from UBC for one year, and
- a notation made on their Transcript of Academic