Algebraic groups seminar
- When : Thursdays 2:00-3:30
- Where : PIMS 4127
- What : Algebraic groups and Lie groups - Math 592A
Talk schedule :
- January 16th : Introduction to algebraic groups. By Ed Belk.
- January 23rd : Commutative groups (notes). By Ellie Thieu.
- January 30th : Differentials, derivations, and Lie algebras (notes). By Zach Goldthorpe
- February 6th : Connectedness and related topics (notes). By Amin Soofiani
- February 13th : Quotients of algebraic groups (notes). By Atharva Korde
- February 27th : Ends of the previous two talks; beginning of the next (notes). By Amin Soofiani, Atharva Korde, and Simone Coccia
- March 5th : Root systems (notes). By Simone Coccia
- March 12th : Root systems and root data (notes). By Simone Coccia and Taeuk Nam
- March 26th : Galois cohomology (notes). By Ed Belk (addendum with worked examples)
- April 2nd : Automorphisms of semisimple Lie algebras (notes). By Max Gheorghiu
- April 16th : Real forms of Lie algebras (notes). By Gurkeerat Chhina
- April 30th : Algebraic groups of diagram type A1 (notes). By Simone Maletto
- Springer, Linear algebraic groups [2nd ed.]
- Onishchik-Vinberg, Lie groups and algebraic groups.