Basic course information
Integral Calculus with Applications to Commerce and Social Sciences, section 202.
- Instructor: Alex Tomberg
- Lectures: Buchanan A202, MWF 8:00-9:00
- Office hours: Monday 15:00-16:30 in LSK 303D, and Thursday 11:00-12:30 in LSK 303C
- Textbook: Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Volume 2. Third custom edition for UBC, by Briggs and Cochran
- Common webpage: Math 105.
Quizzes will be held every second Friday at the start of class.
The way quizzes work is as follows: you are assigned a number of problems to work on, but only one of those problems will appear on the quiz, chosen at random.
Your grade will be computed using the following formula:
- Final exam: 50%
- Two midterms: 17% + 17% = 34%
- WebWork: 10%
- Quizzes and participation: 6%
Here are the DocCam lecture notes. Please remember that this is not a complete set of notes: reading the textbook and/or Robert's lecture notes
is also important.
- Week 1: lecture 1, lecture 2.
- Week 2: lecture 3, lecture 4, lecture 5.
- Week 3: lecture 6 , lecture 7, lecture 8.
- Week 4: lecture 9, lecture 10, lecture 11.
- Week 5: lecture 12, midterm review, lecture 13.
- Week 6: lecture 14, lecture 15, lecture 16.
Here are some solved exercises on substitution and integration by parts: by me and by Gourab Ray.
- Week 7: lecture 17, lecture 18.
Some solved exercises on trigonometric integrals and substitutions: by me and on partial fractions by Gourab Ray.
- Week 8: lecture 19, lecture 20, lecture 21 including the full solution of the fishing problem.
Solved examples of DEs, including the fishing pond model and skydiving model.
- Week 9: lecture 22, lecture 23, lecture 24.
- Week 10: lecture 25, midterm review.
- Week 11: lecture 26, lecture 27, lecture 28.
- Week 12: lecture 29, lecture 30.
- Week 13: lecture 31, lecture 32.
Midterm and final exams
Information and some ressources for midterm preparation.