- In previous years we assigned a well known calculus textbook produced by a for-profit publisher - it was perfectly adequate.
- However, for several reasons have now decided to move to several free resources.
- In particular, we have created a text - CLP calculus - specifically for the course.
- We also suggest 3 other free textbooks - you should consider these supplementary texts. Your primary text is CLP calculus.
- All are free - download links follow below.
Also look at these links - they aren't perfect for our course, but they are free
Other resources for getting help
- Be proactive! - help is not going to come to find you.
- Ask your instructor after class
- ask questions while the material is fresh in your mind
- Go to your instructor's office hours
- they are there to help you
- before the quizzes tends to be more useful than afterwards
- Go to the Maths Learning Centre which is located in the Leonard S. Klinck Building (LSK) Room 300, 301 & 302.
- Tutors are available, at no charge, to answer questions on a drop-in basis.
- The services starts in the second week of classes and continues until the final exam.
- Times scheduled for Maths100 and 180 are available by clicking the link.
- AMS tutoring: The UBC student society provides an assortment of tutoring services.
- Mathematics Department website: There is much available under the Undergraduates tab, including recent final exams for most
undergraduate mathematics courses.