- Quizzes will be held every second week in your normal lecture time and place.
- Each quiz will focus on the previous 2 weeks of material, but may contain any earlier material.
- The papers and solutions for all quizzes are below.
- Each quiz will be 20 minutes long and consist of
though this may change later in the term.
- 2 very short answer questions
- 2 short answer questions
- 1 long answer question
- The quizzes will be held on the following Thursdays and Fridays:
Note - if your class meets Thursdays then your quizzes will be on the 22, 6, 20, 3 & 17. While if your class meets Fridays then you will have quizzes on the 23, 7, 21, 4 & 18.
- September 22 & 23
- October 6 & 7
- October 20 & 21
- November 3 & 4
- November 17 & 18
- What you can bring to your tests and final exam
- You should bring your UBC ID, pens and pencils, and an eraser perhaps. You will need nothing else (nor are you allowed it).
- No calculators or other electronic devices
- No formula sheets or summaries
- And definitely no phones
- See the "Missed assessment" tab about what to do if you are unable to attend a quiz.
Quizzes and their solutions
The papers and solutions will be posted the weekend after the quiz. These links have now been removed.
- Quizzes are not returned in lectures.
- Instead you collect your quiz from the MLC - the quiz return station is located in LSK302.
- Typically the quizzes will be available from the MLC the Thursday after you sit them - if in doubt ask your instructor.
- You will need your student-ID and section number.
- At peak times there can be long queues - so consider getting your quiz near the start or end of the day.
- Read your marked quiz carefully and compare your answers against the solutions (see above).
- Quizzes provide you with important feedback - use it!
Quiz return online
- Quiz 3 for 100-105 and 180-101 can also be found online here. These were test sections.
- Quiz 4 for all sections is now available online at online here.
- Quiz 5 for all sections is now available online at online here.
- You will need your student number and your "quiz return code". This code can be found with your quiz scores on connect.
- Please read the solutions carefully.
- Remember that the TA can only grade what is written on the page.
- If you feel that your quiz was not graded accurately then please follow these steps:
- DO NOT WRITE ON YOUR QUIZ - Exams modified in any way, including additional writing or erased errors, after it was returned to the student and before submission for regrading will be reported as an act of academic dishonesty!
- Download this regrade form fill it in and staple it to your quiz.
- Give your quiz and the regrade request to your instructor - they will not accept a quiz without the regrade form.
- Requests must be made before the next quiz is given.
- We reserve the right to regrade the entire quiz, which may result in either an increase or a decrease in your grade.