Microglia and Astrocytes
- Giulian D
Microglia and the immune pathology of Alzheimer disease.
Am J. Hum. Genet 65(1):13-18, 1999
- Hu J, Van Eldik LJ,
Glial-derived proteins activate cultured astrocytes and
enhance beta amyloid-induced glial activation.
Brain Research. 842(1): 46-54, 1999, Sept
- Itagaki S. McGeer PL. Akiyama H. Zhu S. Selkoe D.
Relationship of microglia and astrocytes to amyloid
deposits of Alzheimer disease. Journal of Neuroimmunology.
24(3):173-82, 1989 Oct.
- Kornyei Z, Czirok A., Vicsek T, Madarasz E.
Proliferative and migratory responses of astrocytes to in vitro injury
Journal of Neuroscience Research 61(4): 421-429, 2000 Jul.
- Sheng JG. Griffin WS. Royston MC. Mrak RE.Distribution of interleukin-1-immunoreactive microglia in cerebral cortical
layers: implications for neuritic plaque formation in Alzheimer's disease. Neuropathology & Applied Neurobiology. 24(4):278-83, 1998 Aug.
- Sheng JG. Mrak RE. Griffin WS.Enlarged and phagocytic, but not primed, interleukin-1 alpha-immunoreactive
microglia increase with age in normal human brain. Acta Neuropathologica. 95(3):229-34, 1998 Mar.
- Sheng JG. Mrak RE. Griffin WS.Neuritic plaque evolution in Alzheimer's disease is accompanied by transition
of activated microglia from primed to enlarged to phagocytic forms.Acta Neuropathologica. 94(1):1-5, 1997 Jul.
- Suzumura A. Marunouchi T. Yamamoto H. Morphological
transformation of microglia in vitro. Brain Research.
545(1-2):301-6, 1991 Apr 5.
Return to Scientific Literature Survey.